Last updated March 1, 2017.
Welcome to the Website for the Great Water Alliance. This Website exists to inform and educate the public about the plan to provide a long-term, sustainable water source for the City of Waukesha. The Waukesha Water Utility is the sole owner and proprietor of the Great Water Alliance Website.
The Waukesha Water Utility will have no responsibility or liability in relation to any loss or damage which you incur through visiting our Website, including damage to any software or hardware.
Users will not use our Website for any purpose in any way which is unlawful.
Unless otherwise indicated, all content on our Website, including but not limited to intellectual property, is the property of the Great Water Alliance and is protected by copyright. Users may view the material or print a copy of the material on our Website for non-commercial, personal use or for non-commercial, educational use, provided that no content is modified from how it appears exactly on our Website, including ownership rights and copyright notices.
Agreement to Terms
We welcome any and all feedback on the Great Water Alliance Website, and can be contacted through our Contact Us section of the Website.
“Water Story” Program Terms and Conditions
Submission Guidelines & Prohibited Content: Submissions must meet the following requirements:
- Submission cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about the Great Water Alliance (“GWA”) or its products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which GWA wishes to associate.
- GWA shall have full right and power to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse and adapt any or all portions of the Submission in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in any manner whatsoever and for any purpose.
- Submission cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, reference nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote the excessive or irresponsible consumption of alcohol, or promote illegal use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain or reference trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; (e) contain copyrighted materials owned by others without permission; (f) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; or (g) depict, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law.
- Each participant warrants and represents that the Submission: (a) is his/her original work, (b) has not been previously published; and (c) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity;
- Any participant whose Submission includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including GWA’s use of such Submission materials, in a form satisfactory to GWA, upon request, prior to inclusion of Submission in GWA Newsletter.
- Any Submission that, in the sole opinion of GWA, is not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein or on the Website, or is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible.
- Incomplete, illegible, deceptive or garbled Submissions are not eligible.
- Any such participant will indemnify and hold harmless GWA from any claims to the contrary.
Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Program or Website, or act in violation of these Program rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or violate Website’s terms of service, as solely determined by GWA, will be disqualified. Neither GWA nor any of their respective agencies are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by Website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this Program, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized website access. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like submission methods will void all such submission, and may subject that participant to disqualification. Neither GWA nor any of its respective agencies are responsible for injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer and/or wireless device or property related to or resulting from participating in this Program. Should any portion of Program be, in GWA’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of GWA, corrupt or impair administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Program, or submission of photos. GWA reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Program. All materials submitted become the property of GWA and will not be returned.