This national campaign asks us to consider what it would be like with no water to drink, or even to make coffee with. No water to shower, flush the toilet, or do laundry. Hospitals would close without water. Firefighters couldn’t put out fires and farmers couldn’t water their crops.
We all value water. On this day we are reminding you of ways you can do your part and conserve water. Help us spread awareness about water conservation by sharing this graphic.
- Think twice before watering. It is not necessary to water your lawn.
- Routinely check your homes for leaks.
- Replace old toilets and showerheads with efficient models can reduce your water use.
- Double dip. Consider washing your dishes in a double sink – one for washing and one for rinsing.
- Turn off your tap. When brushing your teeth, turn off the water. Turn on the water to rinse.
- Buy watersense products.
- Buy high-efficiency. An energy-star washer can reduce water waste by up to 40%.
- Reuse it. Think of ways to reuse water.
- Shorten your time in the shower to conserve water.