Waukesha, WI – (June 10, 2019) Waukesha Water Utility’s Great Water Alliance (GWA) is hosting a Contractor Prequalification Meeting on June 25th, 2019 at 10:00 AM CT at Citizens Bank, 2109 Corporate Drive, Waukesha, WI. GWA is seeking general and first-tier subcontractors, including, trenching and excavation contractors, underground utilities installation contractors, trenchless technologies contractors, electrical contractors, mechanical contractors and plumbing contractors to construct:
- A pumping facility and storage facilities in New Berlin
- Approximately 36 miles of large-diameter pipeline. This includes a 13 mile supply pipeline from approximately South 76th Street and West Oklahoma Avenue in Milwaukee to Waukesha and a 23 mile return pipeline from Waukesha’s Clean Water Plant (treatment plant) to a Root River outfall point at approximately South 60th Street and West Oakwood Road in the City of Franklin.
GWA is seeking the following services:
General Contractors and first-tier subcontractors, such as trenching and excavation contractors, underground utilities installation contractors, trenchless technologies contractors, electrical contractors, mechanical contractors, and plumbing contractor.
The first step in the process is contractor prequalification. Once prequalified, contractors will be eligible to bid or be part of a team to bid on multiple contract packages as part of the GWA Program. Only prequalified contractors will be allowed to bid on the GWA Program. The contract packages are estimated to span three years beginning in early 2020.
Comprehensive information on the contract packages and the construction requirements will be available at the Contractor Prequalification Meeting. There are several important mandatory steps and key dates regarding this process:
- Detailed information is available now at www.greatwateralliance.com including a link to the mandatory prequalification application documents which will be available June 12, 2019.
- Prequalification applications can also be obtained directly through Quest CDN, www.questcdn.com, on June 12, 2019.
- The Contractor Prequalification Meeting is open to interested contractors and will be on June 25, 2019, at 10:00 AM CT at Citizens Bank, 2109 Corporate Drive, Waukesha, WI.
- GWA will stop accepting prequalification applications via Quest CDN on July 31, 2019, at 12:00 PM CT.
- Contractors who are qualified will be notified and a list will be posted online at www.greatwateralliance.com in September 2019.
Waukesha Water Utility received permission from the Great Lakes governors to switch to Lake Michigan water under the Great Lakes Compact and is currently obtaining other needed permits. GWA will begin three years of construction of the pipelines and facilities starting in 2020. The Great Water Alliance was formed to help inform the public about this historic program. To learn more, visit www.greatwateralliance.com.